Units Stance

Wanna help us make the game better ? Post your amazing ideas here...

Units Stance

Postby Onedeadangel » 115 months ago

115 months ago
I find this really awkward that the units just stand there even if they are attacked I mean seriously why don't they even bother to move in range to attack :/ seriously these little annoyances kill the game I mean seriously the game has good potential especially since it recieved greenlight too do add this as almost all RTS have it and people are used to this..add in stances like defensive, Offensive, Stand Ground...
Onedeadangel

Re: Units Stance

Postby v4corg » 115 months ago

115 months ago
Hi there,

Thanks for posting that. I think you're dead right here. I'm currently working on a lot of these "tidbits" that make the game so much more enjoyable.
Actually thats all implemented for the ai already, i think i just need to activate/adjust/gui it for the human players.

Just help me out there a bit, my imagination of these stances are:
- offensive: units attack on their own when a foe enters a certain radius - returning to the point of origin should they survive
- defensive: they just return fire when being attacked (preferrably on the attackers)
- stand ground: basically what they are doing right now. (nothing even when being attacked)

is that right ?

Cheers,
Roman
vertex4 CEO, coding overlord, game design hippie and Jack of all Trades
v4corg

Postby Onedeadangel » 115 months ago

115 months ago
First of all Thank you for active support it means a lot :) now for what I meant the game has an awesome feature to group military so I would suggest offence like this if a unit of a group is attacked the whole squad moves to attack their offenders and in offensive stance chase everyone in their sight until they are all dead or no one is in sight and they dont move back to their original location retreating to original location is whats different in offencive and defensive and yeah ur spot on with stand groud another stance btw all the best for ur steam release and yeah I differ with the bad reviewer of this game its a game that can compete with Age of empires even starcraft ! and its beautiful so keep the good work :] it just needs a little polish I am sure to support the developers who listen to suggestion so count me in for steam release!
Onedeadangel

Postby v4corg » 115 months ago

115 months ago
yess, i just came to the same conclusion with the offensive stance. I'm already on it since this lack of mini ai is a point i wanted to have implemented for a long time. And hey, thanks for your thumbs up, highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Roman
vertex4 CEO, coding overlord, game design hippie and Jack of all Trades
v4corg

Return to Feature requests