[Fixed:v1154a] Win 10: Display Is Cut Off

Think you found a bug or something comparable - report them here...

[Fixed:v1154a] Win 10: Display Is Cut Off

Postby decmade » 24 months ago

24 months ago
Thanks for fixing the crashing issue with the new Win10 libraries. One problem I have found is that the bottom half of the screen is missing as I play the game. The HUD that shows resources and the like is missing completely. I have to zoom in on the map in order to see it. Help!!
decmade

Re: Win 10: Display Is Cut Off

Postby v4corg » 24 months ago

24 months ago
Yes - i noticed that. Its a known bug in the windows 8 api running under windows 10 (*sigh*) for display resolutions < 942 pixels.

Anyway i just uploaded a separate windows 10 version (accessing the windows 10 sdk) which resolves that problem. I hope the app passes certification soon.

Microsoft, i hate you ! On a side note: Took me ~ 4 full work days to setup windows 10 and setup the windows development environment. All microsoft setup processes are so super-faulty these days - its a nightmare !

On another note: Windows 10 seems really to be a nice one.

Cheers, i will post here when the new version passed certification (hopefully today).
vertex4 CEO, coding overlord, game design hippie and Jack of all Trades
v4corg

24 months ago
Thank you for responding so quickly. I am not of huge fan of Win32 development for various reasons including some of the ones you mentioned. It seems like the benefit of using the Microsoft development platform should be consistency, but that's completely not the case.
decmade

24 months ago
Yeah, sadly true. Have to say that Visual Studio is by far still my favorite. Still for reasons unknown the GUI really gets slower with each iteration. I guess thats all because they now code it in Visual Basic interpreted in a Java Engine which is run by a virtual machine. All in the name of reusability. Its really a shame.We're having insane fast computers and the IDEs are 5 times less responsive than 15 years ago. Same goes for Xcode btw. (Actually even worse there - i dont know what these guys are doing).

Oh, and by the way - the new win 10 version just passed certification - so it should be up in the next few hours - yay. I hope it auto-updates the windows 8 version so one has not to uninstall the windows 8 version to reinstall the windows 10 version.
v4corg

24 months ago
Awesome. I just went to the store and it started updating.
decmade

24 months ago
Yeah - for me too - interesting - i didnt even get a notification for the update... its just silently installed it.
v4corg

24 months ago
Roman,

For me this one is resolved. The update works.
decmade

24 months ago
Coolcool, thanx for letting me know.
v4corg

Return to Bug reports